Zumba Dance: What You Will Expect?
Zumba is a latest addition to dance and fitness; it is the aerobic dance program that is inspired by many American and Latin style dance forms like salsa and hip-hop. Currently, there are over 200,000 Zumba class in 180 countries worldwide. Let’s have a close look:
Different Kinds of the Zumba Dance Classes
There’s a wide variety of the Zumba dance health and fitness programs, which you can select from. Some popular programs include:
- Zumba Toning: It adds part of the traditional strength training by using lightweight sticks.
- Zumba Step: It’s quite similar to the standard Zumba dance only with some aerobic steps for fast leg movements.
- Zumba Gold: The classes are generally dedicated to the older people. It’s quite similar to the traditional Zumba but only with low intensity.
- ZumbaKids: There’re Zumba classes designed specifically for kids. ZumbaKids classes have got added flavor of activities and games so that kids will enjoy their Zumba classes.
- Strong by Zumba: Here Zumba doesn’t offer much strength benefits, however new Strong by Zumba program is the high-intensity hybrid exercise that brings dancing with the strength workouts.
- Aqua Zumba: Brings crazy Zumba fun in the pool and Aqua Zumba is highly intense as you have to make the moves within the water.
Benefits of Doing Zumba Dance
Zumba dance fitness begins with the slow music and slowly improves its intensity with time. It helps you burn calories, improve cardiovascular health, as well as improve balance and coordination. Here mentioned are a few health benefits of the Zumba dance classes.
Burns fat and calories
Zumba generally involves the whole body’s movement. You can move everything from the hands to feet. Dance routine is simple and quick. Thus, Zumba will help you to burn calories & reduce fat. You may burn between 500 – 800 calories per hour. The whole body routine get rids of stress on the muscles & improves the fitness.
Enhances Cardiovascular Fitness
It’s essential to maintain your heart in the good shape, and the Zumba dance will help you out with that. The dance moves in the Zumba helps to make your heart to pump faster. Quick movements from Zumba routine actually forces you breathe hard; in turn, this makes your lungs add a little more oxygen in your blood that gets well circulated throughout the body.
Improve Core Endurance
The core endurance can increase when you continue doing Zumba dance often, as each muscle of the body moves during your dance workout & your core needs to work to stabilize your whole body.