Private Healthcare Groups In Singapore that Stands Out
The human system is one of the most complex systems in existence. With passaging time, new technologies emerge that allow us to learn its functions and intervene more effectively with an expert medical practitioner with private healthcare groups in singapore.
What is Dysmorphic Phobia?
In dysmorphic phobia (also called body dysmorphic disorder), being caught up in non-existent cosmetic flaws and minor cosmetic flaws can cause a great deal of pain and interfere with daily life.
- Body dysmorphic phobia is diagnosed when appearance concerns cause significant distress or interfere with daily activities.
- Certain antidepressants (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and clomipramine) and cognitive-behavioral therapy are often helpful in treatment.
Symptoms of body dysmorphic phobia may appear gradually or suddenly, and their severity is variable and is prolonged if not treated properly. The most common worries are about the face and head, but the target can be any part. There may be over one, and the part to be worried about may change. For example, you may be worried about thinning hair, acne, wrinkles, scars, skin color, and hair depth on your face or body that you are aware of.
Do You Know?
Some people avoid being in public because they care about the minor cosmetic flaws that aren’t there. People with body dysmorphic phobia avoid being in public at work, school, social events, etc. Thus, the disease often leads to social isolation. The distress and physical and psychological dysfunction that results from this illness can lead to depression, repeated hospitalizations, and discharges, as well as suicidal behavior.
Diagnosis of body dysmorphic phobia is required when:
- You are trapped in a clear flaw that seems trivial to others or an appearance flaw that is invisible to others.
- Being obsessed with appearance, repeating and thinking about something (checking myself in the mirror, over-dressing, comparing myself with others, etc.)
- Feeling a lot of pain or having trouble with my daily life (at work, at home, or in friendships) Evaluation by a doctor based on specific diagnostic criteria.
- Certain antidepressants
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Treatment with certain antidepressants, specifically selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or clomipramine (tricyclic antidepressants), is often effective for people with disfigurement on Evaluation by a doctor based on specific diagnostic criteria.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy focused on the symptoms of body dysmorphic phobia may also be effective. This treatment at private healthcare groups in singapore helps healthcare professionals develop a more accurate and constructive way of thinking about their appearance.
Many people with this illness are unaware that they have a problem and may need to use motivational techniques to get treatment.
Many experts believe it is best to combine drug therapy with cognitive-behavioral therapy in severe cases.